OSD Corporate Care is a bespoke package of services designed for individual companies, and can include: GP and dentist appointments at convenient times (early, late, weekends); overseas travel healthcare; employee health assessments; psychological health; orthopaedics and physiotherapy; equipment and ergonomic assessments; annual vaccinations; drugs and alcohol screening; and a wide range of occupational health services.
Sarah Jones, Occupational Health and Wellbeing Lead for One Stop Doctors, says:
"We believe healthy people lead to healthy, successful businesses. We will work with businesses to identify specific risks and areas for improvement. We're aiming to help businesses achieve a number of benefits, such as:
* reduce sickness absence costs
* reduce long-term sickness absence rates
* prevent work related ill health and injuries
* improve employee wellbeing, and therefore productivity
* promote an open culture regarding identification of stress and mental ill health
* ensure statutory health & safety requirements are met"
In 2015/16, 30.4 million working days were lost due to work-related illness or injury. Stress, depression or anxiety and musculoskeletal disorders accounted for the majority of these days (11.7 and 8.8 million days respectively)*.
"In addition to this," says Jones, "the annual median cost, per employee, due to sickness absence is £522*."
However, One Stop Doctors believes that the cost of sickness absence and workplace injury/illness litigation can be mitigated through the provision of an effective Occupational Health Service. They will work closely with businesses to ensure occupational health and wellbeing are embedded in their business functions including working with Private Health Insurance providers, Income Protection, and Pension Schemes.
Jones continues: "The modern world places many stresses on an employee, which can result in a range of physical issues, such as 'tech neck' and repetitive strain injury, as well as psychological problems, such as anxiety, depression and stress.
"Aside from the clear ethical responsibility for a business to look after its people, there are sound business reasons for doing so as it has been proven time and again that a healthy, happy workforce is a more productive one.
"We're in the business of keeping people healthy and happy, and are proud to launch a whole range of services tailored to corporates, to ensure their people are always performing to their full potential."
The OSD Corporate Care range of services includes:
- Full corporate medical checks - One Stop Doctors offer a range of health assessments, including a mini assessment
- Employee GP and dental appointments, early til late, and weekends
- The clinic is open from 7am til 9pm on weekdays, and also at weekends
- Pre-Placement Screening (formerly New Starter Screening)
- Management Referrals. A Specialist, Independent Medical Assessment with one of the Occupational Health Clinicians. This can be used to address - Sickness absence management, In work health concerns, Long term condition support, Return to work guidance.
- Health Surveillance to address Health & Safety best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Night-worker health assessments
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome assessments (HAVS)
- Display Screen Equipment/Workstation Assessments
- Specialist Ergonomic Assessments
- New and Expectant Mother Risk Assessments
- Business Travel Health Services - Travel health advice, tailored to the specific needs of business travellers and in accordance with the Organisation's travel support i.e. insurance schemes
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Flu can hit a business's workforce hard - the OSD Corporate Flu Jab package can ensure the dreaded virus never gets a hold
- Psychological Health
- In a demanding Organisation, individuals may require assistance with their psychological health. OSD provides a range of therapies and can work in collaboration with Employee Assistance Plans.
- Orthopaedics & Physiotherapy - One Stop Doctors' specialist orthopaedics and physiotherapy clinic uses state-of-the-art technologies and progressive techniques to provide a full range of physiotherapy services for employees. Proactive management of musculoskeletal issues will significantly improve sickness absence cases through prevention of absence from work and ensure a shorter period of absence for those who do go off sick.
- Drugs and Alcohol Screening - One Stop Doctor's can work with businesses to identify and address and substance misuse issues to ensure safe performance by their employees
- One Stop Doctors can also provide bespoke training solutions including Organisational mental wellbeing training and Line manager awareness training.
- Bespoke onsite wellbeing events are available to address either business health needs or national agenda public health matters such as cancer prevention, healthy lifestyle, psychological health.
For more information, see www.onestopdoctors.co.uk
Tel: 0800 852 1234