One Stop Doctors, which opened its first of eight clinics in Hemel Hempstead at the end of last year, offers same-day GP appointments for ailments such as colds, chest infections and sporting injuries, the very latest diagnostic screening (including MRI, X-Ray, 3D mammography and consultations with skilled specialists), dentistry, physiotherapy and aesthetics all under one roof.
The clinic, open seven days a week, 365 days a year, offering flexible early morning and late-evening appointments, with free convenient on-site parking, can also provide urgent care services – something that is in high demand in Hertfordshire. This means that patients with broken or fractured bones will be able to get them managed at the One Stop Doctors fracture clinic, rather than waiting for hours on end at an A&E.
The team at the clinic has devised a membership plan that makes private healthcare more accessible and flexible with the option to spread the cost of care with a unique payment plan.
• Membership for individuals is £20 per month and includes three GP appointments throughout the year as well as a range of other benefits and discounts. This represents a minimum saving of at least £30 a year.
• Membership for couples costs £37.50 a month and includes six GP appointments throughout the year, which equates to a minimum saving of £90.
• Memberships for families is priced at £65 per month for an unlimited number of children aged 21 and under and includes 10 GP appointments, representing a minimum saving of £120 a month.
Additional extras for the membership plan include:
• 10% off scans, tests, general dentistry, physiotherapy and aesthetics treatments;
• The choice to spread cost of treatments over £300 by paying monthly for up to 12 months, interest free;
• A free annual flu vaccine;
• Free physio consultation and free aesthetics consultation
• A free 15-minute health check on joining;
• And half-price Essential Health Assessment when patients renew each year.
Two more types of membership plans are also available focusing on dentistry, and GP with dentistry respectively – visit onestopdoctors.co.uk for more information.
One Stop Doctors is also accredited by leading UK PMI providers, including Bupa, Aviva and Cigna.
Talking about the new membership plan, Dr Tom Brett, Medical Director at One Stop Doctors, said: "We are breaking the mould for private healthcare in this country. This membership plan is completely unique to healthcare companies, certainly in the UK, and we are really proud to be at the forefront of such a scheme.
"We wanted to be the first to introduce a really ground-breaking model to provide people with real choice about when and how to use private healthcare services. No other private healthcare provider has created a plan this accessible for people paying for their own healthcare, and that includes a way to spread payments of scans, diagnostic tests, and treatments.
"With more and more people dipping into private healthcare to reduce their own waiting times, we believe that membership plans for private healthcare are a significant step forward in helping people have more choice about protecting their, and their family's, health. This can also help take the strain off an overburdened NHS."